A cookie is a small text file that is saved to, and, during subsequent visits, retrieved from your computer or mobile device.
This text file generally includes:
- the server name that filed the cookie;
- an identifier as a single number;
- possibly an expiration date
During the term of the cookie, as a text file will allow Selective Line identify the user’s computer at future visits.
What are cookies installed on our site?
When you login to the website, Selective Line or service providers may be required to install various cookies on your device. To recognize your browser for the duration of the cookie in question and allow us to implement the following actions this device aims to:
- Optimize security measures when browsing our site. As such, for example, during your visit to our site you may be asked to log in again at a content or service after a certain time;
- Adapt the presentation of the site to your viewing preferences as hardware and software to view or read your terminal (language, screen resolution, etc.);
- Establish traffic statistics and use the various contents of our website. This will allow us to enhance the value and usability of our website;
- Keep data in a completed form on our website at the time of registration or when accessing your account information on products, services or information selected on our website (the contents of your shopping cart service subscribed etc.);
How to manage cookies?
2 types of configuration of your browser are possible:
- Configure your browser to accept / reject cookies, either systematically or by the issuer.
- Configure your browser so that the acceptance / rejection of cookies will be offered occasionally, before each potential a cookie is stored on your device.
To access the configuration of your browser, you have to go to the Help menu of your browser to learn how to change your wishes regarding cookies.
Here are some links redirecting browsers frequently used:
Internet Explorer™ : http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-vista/block-or-allow-cookies
Safari™ : http://support.apple.com/kb/ph17191
Chrome™ : https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en&hlrm=en
Firefox™ : https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/enable-and-disable-cookies-website-preferences
Opera™ : http://help.opera.com/Windows/10.20/en/cookies.html